YAMAHA F90 I-4 1.8L TILLER 20
YAMAHA F90 I-4 1.8L TILLER 20
ManufacturerYamahaModelF90 I-4 1.8L Tiller 20
Model Code NA Color Gray
Alternator Output At W.O.T. – 35 A
Engine Type Inline 4IgnitionTCI microcomputer
Starting Electric Exhaust Through propeller
Power90 HorsepowerDisplacement1,800 Cubic Centimeter
Bore x Stroke81 x 88.9 mm (3.19 x 3.5 in.)Shaft Length20″
Dry Weight353 lbs
Steering Angle (maximum) – 35° from center, either direction
Fuel Type Unleaded
Use Fresh and Salt Water Full Throttle RPM Range5,000 – 6,000 rpm
Recommended oil – Yamalube® 4M
Engine oil capacity with filter – 3.2 l
Engine oil capacity without filter – 3.0 l
Cooling Recommended – Thermostatic control Gear Ratio2.15:1
Gear Shift Forward, Neutral, Reverse Trim System
Degree of trim – -4° through +66°
Degree of tilt – 70°
YAMAHA F90 I-4 1.8L TILLER 20
The 1.8-liter I-4 F90 features greater displacement and a single-overhead-camshaft design with four valves per cylinder. This boosts power and volumetric efficiency and streamlines design. In fact, it’s 13 pounds lighter than previous designs. A lighter, more powerful design gives the F90 blistering speed that’s 1.5 mph faster than competing outboards.*
CONVENIENCE & CONTROL
- MULTI-FUNCTION TILLER HANDLE: The F90 is compatible with Yamaha’s award winning Multi-Function Tiller Handle. It incorporates engine start/stop, emergency stop, gear shift, power trim and tilt operation, variable trolling switch, warning and controls all in one.
- CHARGING POWER: The F90 features three-phase alternators that produce up to 35 amps of power. For the 90, that’s 40 percent more output than previous designs. That’s plenty of electrical power for battery charging and accessories, with more to spare.
- VARIABLE TROLLING: The F90 features Yamaha’s Variable Trolling RPM Switch (VTS®). This allows for precision adjustment of trolling speeds in 50-RPM increments, from 650 to 900 RPM for the 115 hp, and 550 to 1000 RPM for the 90 and 75 hp. It even allows for sub-idle trolling. This is a major plus for anglers.
- EXTENDED ENGINE LIFE: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without starting it, for maximum convenience, durability and engine life.
YAMAHA F90 I-4 1.8L TILLER 20 FEATURES
- IMPRESSIVE TORQUE & ACCELERATION: The F90 Midrange four strokes have stepped up to 1.8L displacement and now feature a Single Overhead Camshaft, with four valves per cylinder. That makes them both 13 pounds lighter, and our 90 hp a top performer in both torque and acceleration.
- PROP SHAFT HORSEPOWER: 90 hp @ 5,500 rpm
- COMPRESSION RATIO: 10.0:1
- RECOMMENDED FUEL: Octane 87
- RECOMMENDED FUEL FILTRATION: Yamaha 10-micron fuel / Water separating filter (external)
- C.A.R.B. RATING: 3-Star
- INTAKE: 16
- SPARK PLUG: LFR6A-11
- MOUNTING CENTERS: 26 in.
- Compatible with Multi-Function Tiller
- Compatible with Command Link® and Analog Gauges
YAMAHA F90 I-4 1.8L TILLER 20 POWER & PERFORMANCE
- POWER AND EFFICIENCY: Precision Multi-Point Electronic Fuel Injection delivers the exact amount of fuel needed for optimum performance and efficiency. Yamaha’s EFI optimizes fuel atomization further enhancing fuel economy.
- POWERFUL HOLE SHOT: The Composite Intake Manifold on the F90 feature long tube intake tracks, tuned to increase airflow, which boost low-end and midrange torque. This means a more powerful hole shot and increased acceleration. Even with all this responsive power, an air silencer box and surge tank reduce air intake noise and air turbulence for smooth, quiet operation.
- OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE: A TCI microcomputer ignition adjusts timing to maintain optimal engine performance, economy and power under all operating conditions.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, COMPACT DESIGN: To keep weight down and efficiency up, the F115 has a double overhead camshaft, and the F90 and F75 feature a single overhead camshaft, but still deploy four valves per cylinder. That setup means less mass in the cylinder head and reduced weight for the overall outboard. At the same time, four valves per cylinder means great engine combustion, which contributes to horsepower, torque and fuel efficiency.
- QUICK ACCELERATION: The F90 have stepped up to 1.8-liter displacement, joining their F115 big bro. Meanwhile the 90 hp and 75 hp have both dropped 13 pounds. Lighter weight and increased volumetric efficiency, plus increased displacement equals thrilling performance and make our 90 hp a top performer in acceleration and torque.
YAMAHA F90 I-4 1.8L TILLER 20 RELIABILITY & DURABILITY
- KEEP THE WATER OUT: Updated cowling design incorporates the latest Water Draining Intake Duct. With side intakes and superior water separation function, this outboard is even better suited to take on the marine environment.
- MEASURABLY QUIETER THAN PREDECESSOR: Yamaha’s proven labyrinth exhaust system, which gradually expands exhaust gases through a labyrinth, greatly suppresses engine noise at low to medium speeds. Updates to the muffler have greatly reduced noise at higher than midrange speeds.
- ENGINE WARNING SYSTEM: This system protects the outboard with a range of functions including: overheat protection and low-oil-pressure warning (automatically reducing maximum RPM to 2000), over-rev protection, water-in-fuel detection, start-in-gear protection and shift-in prevention at open throttle.
- WET SUMP: The F90 use a pressurized oil delivery system and incorporates a compact and durable oil pump to keep all of the moving parts of their DOHC and SOHC systems lubricated and running smoothly for maximum reliability.
- CORROSION PROTECTION: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our highly vaunted, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. Stainless Steel components such as the drive, prop and shift shafts provide an additional layer of critical corrosion protection. And multiple sacrificial anodes throughout the motor provide protection from the elements.
- YAMAHA F90 I-4 1.8L TILLER 20